If you are looking for ways to treat yourself after a long and strenuous week, then Butterscotch is exactly what you are looking for. This strain has heavy-bodied effects, leaving your stress to stand no chance, as it will make your mind buzz and soar, all at the same time.
Butterscotch strain is a sweet smelling strain that serves as a treat for both recreational and medical users. This bud is perfect for those days when you need a little relaxation from the stress of the days. Itss effects are sedative and can help induce sleep in higher doses.
The strains exact origins are unknown, and widely speculated about. Butterscotch is special in many ways, as its effects are balanced yet supremely relaxing. This bud is popular, as it’s effects can be quite Indica in nature, alleviating many hard to treat symptoms and chronic conditions.
Butterscotch cannabis strain is a favorite one among both recreational and medical users. Excellent healing properties are combined with a wonderful candy-like flavor. This almost pure Indica marijuana smells like butterscotch and hash.
The strain contains a moderate amount of THC, around 18% and great CBD content, sometimes reaching up to 2%. These parameters indicate Butterscotch weed’s availability for novice and seasoned users. It would be an excellent option for those with low tolerance, looking for peaceful rest, and pain alleviation.
- Effects: Aroused, Euphoria, Giggly, Happy, Sociable
- Taste: Candy, Citrus, Diesel, Lemon, Lime, Nutty
- Side Effects: Dizzy, Thirst and dry mouth, Low blood pressure
- Helps with: Asthma, Cancer, Inflammation, Insomnia, Loss of Appetite, Nausea, PMS, Stress
- Aromas: Candy, Sweet
- Breeder: Unknown
- Lineage: Unknown
Butterscotch is perfect for those who are looking for a relaxing way to end their day, as this variant an aromatic and attractive bud to treat yourself with. This strain will make your body feel tingly and chilled out, with your mind forgetting all those things that have be en weighing it down with anxiety.
This strain will induce a powerful wave of euphoria, making you grin from ear to ear, and leaving you to radiate good vibes all around. Butterscotch can help you stay focused, as it’s high will leave you clearheaded, while still relaxed at the same time. If you’re in good company especially, this strain will make you burst out into fits of laughter, as you enjoy those around you.
Butterscotch can help you creative express yourself with more vigor than usual, as you will feel inspired to come up with new ideas. When consumed in higher doses, you can expect to feel sleepy within time, which will allow you to sink into a deeper state of relaxation and eventually fall asleep.
Butterscotch does it justice as it mimics the aroma of butterscotch candy quite perfectly. This strain is inviting and sweet smelling with hints of nutty and sour candy as well. Its aroma as overpowering and strong and will be difficult to disguise in a room.
Butterscotch is even more delicious when it comes to its flavors, and on the inhale you will taste a citrus and pine flavor mixed with a sweet nuttiness. On the exhale it’s smoke will taste like candy and diesel, with strong shocks lemon and lime that will make you smack your lips.
Butterscotch Type of High
Butterscotch marijuana strain induces cerebral calm and deep body relaxation. Uplifts mood, helps to alleviate pain and insomnia. Alleviates depression, relieves stress, stimulates appetite. Has strong analgesic properties.
Butterscotch Adverse Reaction
Butterscotch has THC levels that can reach up to 21%, making it a potent smoke. This can create some uncomfortable side effects for some, especially those who are not used to smoking this strain. When consumed in high doses you’re likely to feel slightly dizzy at first. Butterscotch Adverse Reaction – Image powered by Ibudtender.com
Your mouth will feel dry and you may end up feeling dehydrated with this strain. Butterscotch can make your eyes feel dry and itchy and in rare cases you may also feel like you have a headache. For some, this strain can leave them feeling mildly paranoid, although it does not tend to persist.
- THC: 8.5 – 11.5%
- CBD: 0.68 – 1.0%
- CBC: 0.05 – 1.21%
- CBG: 0.24 – 1.53%
- CBN: 0.06 – 0.24%
- THCV: 0.33 – 1.84%
Butterscotch is most lauded for its medical abilities, and it is one of the best ways to untangle your worries and treat yourself for chronic stress. This strain allows the patients to think more clearly, and without haste, allowing them to feel more relaxed afterwards.
Patients who struggle with chronic depression may find a way to relieve themselves of their negative thoughts with the regular use of the strain. Butterscotch serves as a treat to those who suffer from insomnia as well, as it can help patients feel relaxed enough to finally drift off to sleep.
Butterscotch it’s perfect for the treatment of chronic pain, especially for flare-ups in the joints, chronic migraines and back aches. Those who suffer from muscle spasms may also benefit from the regular use of this soothing and relaxing strain, allowing them to feel less tense and inflamed.
Because of this highly sedative experience, medical users rave about this strain for its many practical effects. The pain relief that Butterscotch strain offers is unparalleled in many respects, swooping in and clearing the body of aches and tension. This is also great for chronic migraines, muscle spasms, tension, insomnia, and restless leg syndrome. If you suffer from mood disorders caused by mental health issues, this strain is beneficial in the treatment of depression, stress, anxiety, and some cases of bipolar and PTSD. This strain can get overwhelming quickly if you are not aware of your limits or are a first-time or novice user.
Butterscotch Grow Info
- Flowering time: 64 – 72 Days
- Harvest time: 79 Days
- Yield indoor: 0 0.5 – 1 Oz/Ft² (~ 300 g/m²)
- Yield outdoor: 1 – 2 Oz/plant (~ 400 g/plant)
- Height indoor: 30-60
- Height outdoor: 30-60
- Grow difficulty: Easy
- Flowering type: Photoperiod
Butterscotch is easy to grow call my even for an experienced growers, and can yield a generous harvest, with little effort. The strain is resistant to common molds and mildew and prefers a warm and sunny outdoor climate.
It is very easy to grow Butterscotch even for an inexperienced grower. It is resistant to almost all molds and diseases. Feed your plants with organic plant food and water it regularly when the soil is high and dry.
When growing indoors, maintain good air circulation by removing large fan leaves at the bottom of the plant. This will also let light in to benefit low-lying buds. This needs a warm and sunny climate so place it in a shaded spot in your garden if you want to grow it outdoors. Butterscotch Flowering Time
Butterscotch grown indoors can yield an estimated 16 ounces per square meter planted. This strain can be expected to take an estimated 8 to 9 weeks to finish flowering and be ready for harvest.
Butterscotch growing outdoors can yield around 17 ounces of bud per plant. It can be expected to be ready for a fruitful harvest around the middle of October, on average.
Have you ever smoked or grown your own Butterscotch? Please let me know what you think about this marijuana strain in the comments below.
Butterscotch Similar Strains
- Death Star: Death Star is a strong indica-dominant hybrid strain with an even stronger smell. It has a skunky, diesel aroma that’s hard to hide, but when smoked is sweet, earthy, and delicious. It provides a powerful high that’s super relaxing, which is great for smoking after work, before bed, or for relieving pain and anxiety. A cross between Sensi Star and Sour Diesel, Death Star is one sedative hybrid. Featuring between 20 and 26 percent THC, Death Star will blast stress and worries to another galaxy. Highly euphoric, this strain is known to promote some laughter and a curate positive sense of well-being. However, the plant is also about 80 percent indica. That means that most can expect to feel drowsy, relaxed, and maybe even a little unmotivated after several tastes of this psychoactive plant.
- God’s Gift: No matter your religious beliefs, God’s Gift seems like a flower from a higher power. This sedative indica can feature as much as 22 percent THC. Though this strain has been around since the 1990s, it remains an impressive specimen. Fast-acting, the happy and upbeat effects of this strain often come on first. Many enjoy the happy, bubbly mental side of this strain. However, don’t let the upbeat nature of this herb fool you. God’s Gift can pack some serious sedation. The area behind the eyes is likely to grow heavy, and many find that this strain leaves them stuck on the couch. Get some snacks ready and prepare yourself for a strong, yet genuinely good-spirited experience with this one.
- Sunset Sherbet: Sunset Sherbet, an indica-dominant hybrid, is heir to the Girl Scout Cookies throne. Funky and pungent, this strain boasts THC levels of up to 20 percent. While this strain may not be the most potent in terms of THC, the overall experience is quite incredible. Thanks to its hybrid heritage, Sunset Sherbet is more uplifting than many strains on this list. Many find that the effects often start off in the head, providing a joyous and upbeat high. However, this strain soon mellows out into an easy, full-bodied indica experience. This strain is only gaining popularity as a go-to indica hybrid. It is much beloved by those with mood disorders and chronic pain. Sunset Sherbet is a very enjoyable, top-notch bud all around.